Here in our “FAQ” you will find a survey of frequently asked questions and the corresponding explanations.
You did not get any answer to your request? In this case, please contact us by using our contact form or call us under the phone number 06023 91993.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Alexander-Shorokhoff Uhren FAQ
- “Alexander Shorokhoff“-watches are mechanical timekeepers of high quality equipped with:
precisely regulated, refined and hand-engraved movements
- vaulted sapphire glass
- cases of high-grade stainless steel or gold with sapphire glass backs
- 5 atm of water resistance (some models – 3 atm)
- additional functions on different watch models
Besides the classical regulator we are offering also chronograph-regulators. Such chrono-regulators are fully featured precision watches and their manufacturing is a very complicated process. This is the reason that they are so rare. The watch CR01 by Alexander Shorokhoff has still some additional features: the stop function is covered by a contrasting paint in order to amend the legibility of time and the longish pushers make the operation of this function more comfortable and safe.
On the other hand, it can happen that condensation water appears under the watch glass, especially after abrupt changes in temperature. This is not a defect, the condensation water will disappear after a while. It is absolutely necessary once 1 year to have the water resistance checked by a specialist.
If the watch was handled with care, a total overhaul will be necessary not before 3 years of wearing.
However, for keeping up the water resistance and the functionality of the crown, it is necessary to repair or to have it checked by a watchmaker not less than every 12 months if the watch is worn daily.
– Replacement of the glass (if there are no splinters in the inner part of the movement)
– Adjustment of the accuracy
– Replacement of the crown/the pushers or any part of the movement (after an impact or
A total overhaul has to be made after 3-5 years and includes the following steps:
– Outer checking of the case, the dial and the hands
– Measurement of accuracy and amplitude on the device
– Test of water resistance
– Cleaning to avoid dust on the movement before opening the case
– After the case was opened, the inner part is cleaned too, and the condition of the grease is
– After this, the movement is taken apart, all parts are cleaned and lubricated, the gaskets and seals
are replaced and the water-resistance is re-established
– After the assembling and closure of the case, a trial run is made for 3 days the watch being in
different positions (lying on desk or hanging at the cyclowinder).